Please Visit the New Blog!!
Posted by Directório ARCO at 5:21 pm
Posted by Directório ARCO at 5:07 pm
Posted by Directório ARCO at 4:23 pm
Posted by Directório ARCO at 4:16 pm
Posted by Directório ARCO at 4:05 pm
BONNARD AT WOEFFRAY,ARCHITECTES,Center Accueil Monthey,Project Year 2007,Competition-3ºPrize Winner,France
Posted by Directório ARCO at 3:54 pm
Submission deadline: 29/05/2009Open to: young urban and architectural design professionals: architects, urban planners, landscape designers, engineers.
Teams may also include young professionals from other disciplines. All candidates must be under 40 years old on the closing date for submission of entries.
The winners and runners-up receive a prize of 12,000 and 6,000 Euros (including tax) respectively.
Posted by Directório ARCO at 3:52 pm
The scheme, for Chelsfield Partners and the Ilchester Estate and submitted to planners more than a year after Koolhaas’s firm OMA won a major competition for the job, proposes a new 9,300sq m home for the Design Museum dubbed the “parabola”.
But, as BD predicted in December, as well as adding three surrounding residential blocks of six to nine storeys high, the scheme retains little of the original 1962
This has outraged heritage groups including the Twentieth Century Society, which said this week it was “dismayed” by the proposals.
The project would remove existing floor level of the main building and create additions including a spiral staircase and a central void giving visitors “generous” views of the underside of the parabaloid roof.
It also envisages removal of the administration block, covered walkway, flagpoles and a garden commonly attributed to the legendary designer Syliva Crowe. The development team now claims it was actually designed by RMJM’s Maurice Lee and is therefore of less worth.
In a statement, Chelsfield insisted the project would revitalise the site and was “respectful” of the original scheme’s heritage. “The new buildings continue the modern spirit of boldness and ingenuity of the original but are carefully respectful of the Parabola and also the setting of Holland Park and the Kensington High Street,” the statement said.
Posted by Directório ARCO at 3:02 pm
Impromptu's decision to bring Sergison Bates on board was described by Urban Splash development manager Mark Latham as “a smart move”.
Impromptu partner Nuno Rosado said: “We're very proud to be part of the project. It's a very important development, and a fantastic site. Impromptu and Sergison Bates have a very similar understanding of how to tackle architectural problems.”
Latham praised Impromptu's imaginative approach, saying: “They're a fantastic team, with great design ideas. It was a combination of being a flexible typology - a uniform plot size that could be a two-, three-, four- or five-bedroom house, coupled with what Christophe Egret, one of the judges, described as a poetic approach to the masterplan.”
London's Tasou Architects were runners-up in the RIBA-organised competition, which was sponsored by BD, ahead of four other shortlisted practices: K2 Architects from Liverpool; Spine Architects of Hamburg, Germany; Bertolone Plazzogna Architects from Treviso, Italy; and Loates-Taylor Shannon Architects of London.
Newcastle's architecture centre, Northern Architecture, will exhibit all the entrants' designs in June as part of its North East Festival of Architecture.
Posted by Directório ARCO at 2:35 pm
Posted by Directório ARCO at 4:52 pm
Architects: EF- Édouard François Architecte
Posted by Directório ARCO at 4:49 pm
HEC was founded in 1881 and is a business school affiliated to the Paris Chamber of Commerce and Industry. The existing campus opened in 1964 on a 300 acre wooded site in the community of Jouy-en-Josas, a suburb of Paris near Versailles, close to the other top French scientific academic establishments on the “Saclay Plateau”.
The new MBA building will be situated at the intersection between the campus and its planned southern expansion. It will provide a shimmering new façade for HEC facing the existing main campus entrance and the future expansion. The project breaks down the building volume on a long narrow site into a series of multi-faceted blocks whose size more naturally integrates with the scale of the surrounding buildings. These blocks shift in plan relative to one another, creating a series of protected semi-courtyards. Shared functions and the school’s more autonomous teaching spaces are gathered around a large common hall which crosses a campus artery, serving as a ‘social collector’ for HEC and integrating the MBA faculties into the life of the rest of the institution. The architectural approach provides generous informal study areas.
The project is David Chipperfield Architects’ first competition win in France. The project is scheduled for completion by September 2010.
Posted by Directório ARCO at 4:28 pm
The festival aims at welcoming a large audience as well as the field of architecture. It attaches great value to introducing and highlighting the work of a new generation of creators… But it also wants to highlight forgotten eras and places, and allow us to discover unexpected urban territories.
The festival offers a walk through the city, sort of an architecture discovery in the very heart of the city. This walk links together private mansions of the 17th century and their courtyards that are often closed to public, and only open to their inhabitants.
The city of Montpellier possesses more than seventy private mansions, providing the escutcheon of Montpellier proper characteristics. The aims of the Festival are on one side to open these emblematic sites to the audience.
And on the second hand, thanks to the intervention of teams of young creators to present a unique architecture, conceived for one particular site, and to reveal an intimate relationship between contemporary architecture and heritage.
Posted by Directório ARCO at 4:25 pm
Norwegian National Opera & Ballet house scoops Europe's most prestigious prize
The European Commission and the Fundació Mies van der Rohe announced today that the Norwegian National Opera & Ballet, Oslo, Norway by Snøhetta is the winner of the European Union Prize for Contemporary Architecture – Mies van der Rohe Award 2009.
The Jury also awarded the Emerging Architect Special Mention to STUDIO UP/ Lea Pelivan and Toma Plejić; for Gymnasium 46° 09' N / 16° 50' E, Koprivnica, Croatia.
The 60,000€ Prize funded with support by the European Union, is one of the most important and prestigious prizes for international architecture and is awarded biennially to built works completed within the previous two years.
The landmark building by Snøhetta, who also designed the new Library of Alexandria (2002), is the largest cultural centre built in Norway in 700 years. The first element of the regeneration of the bay area of Oslo, its sloping stone roof - made up of 36,000 fitted pieces – rises up from the fjord; allowing members of the public, residents and opera goers alike, to walk over the building, developing a relationship with the public structure. Integral to the 1,000-room interior, which is largely lined with crafted woodwork (using the traditions of Norwegian boat builders), are a number of art commissions interwoven into the structural fabric, including a cloakroom, a collaboration with their 2007 Serpentine Pavilion collaborator Olafur Eliasson.
The Jury, chaired by Francis Rambert includes: Ole Bouman, Irena Fialová, Fulvio Irace, Luis M. Mansilla, Carme Pinós and Vasa J. Perović.
Francis Rambert, Chair of the Jury said: “The Norwegian National Opera and Ballet in Oslo is more than just a building. It is first an urban space, a gift to the city.
The building can be considered a catalyst of all the energies of the city and is emblematic of the regeneration of its urban tissue.”
“Snøhetta consider The Mies van der Rohe Award among the worlds most prestigious architectural acknowledgements," added Tarald Lundevall, partner and project architect for Snøhetta. "We are greatly honoured to receive this prize for The Norwegian National Opera and Ballet.”
The winner of the Prize was selected from a shortlist of five finalists selected from 340 projects proposed by the Architects’ Council of Europe (ACE) member associations, other national architectural associations, the group of Experts and the Advisory Committee. The five finalists were:
Zenith Music Hall, Strasbourg (France) by Studio Fuksas/ Massimiliano & Doriana Fuksas
Luigi Bocconi University, Milan (Italy) by Grafton Architects/ Shelley McNamara, Yvonne Farrell,
Norwegian National Opera & Ballet, Oslo (Norway) by Snøhetta/ Kjetil Trædal Thorsen, Tarald Lundevall, Craig Dykers.
Multimodal Centre – Nice Tramway, Nice (France) by Atelier Marc Barani
Library, Senior Citizens’ Centre and Interior Courtyard, Barcelona (Spain) by RCR Arquitectes
A travelling exhibition and catalogue featuring the works chosen by the Jury – the Prize Winner, Special Mention, the finalists and the shortlisted works - will be presented in September this year.
Posted by Directório ARCO at 3:58 pm
SHIBERU BAN & JEAN DE GASTINE ,The New Pompidou Center,Project Year 2008,Complete by the end of summer 2009,France
Posted by Directório ARCO at 3:53 pm
Architects:Tatiana Bilbao Architecture
Posted by Directório ARCO at 3:37 pm
I just read on Design Boom that Zaha Hadid´s extension proposal for the Middle East Centre in St Antony´s College in Oxford has been denied approval by the the Commission for Architecture and the Built Environment (CABE).
The comission wrote in their report “it appears unfortunate to position the archive and reading room behind the large south facing window; we wonder whether full sunlight and overheating could potentially compromise the usability of this space”.
Too bad for Zaha, but thank god the CABE took a closer look at the project before its occupants had to go trough the heat. I wonder how many built projects that we occupy every day should have been revised by a comission that take this in count.
Posted by Directório ARCO at 3:24 pm
Posted by Directório ARCO at 3:18 pm
World school & University´s of Architecture
- Anhalt University of Applied Sciences, Dessau Institute of Architecture
- APEEJAY School of Architecture and Planning
- Architectural Association School of Architecture
- Aristotle University of Thessaloniki,School of Architecture
- Azrieli School of Architecture and Urbanism
- Bartlett School of Architecture
- Bezalel Academy of Art and Design, Department of Architecture
- Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Department of Architecture
- Birmingham City University
- Carnegie Mellon-shool of Architecture
- Columbia University,Architecture,Planning and Preservasion
- Cooper Union, The Irwin S. Chanin School of Architecture
- Cornell University-School of Architecture
- Escuela Técnica Superior de Arquitectura de la Universidad Francisco de Vitoria
- Escuela Técnica Superior de Arquitectura de la Universidad IE
- Escuela Técnica Superior de Arquitectura de la Universidad Pontificia de Salamanca
- ETH Zurich, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich, Faculty of Architecture
- Fuzhou University
- Gdańsk Technical University
- Hokkaido Tokai University
- Hokkaido Tokai University (HTU), Department of Architecture
- International Islamic University of Malaysia Kulliyyah (Faculty) of Architecture and Environmental Design
- Israel Institute of Technology, Faculty of Architecture and Town Planning
- Istanbul Beykent University, Faculty of Architecture
- Kyoto Institute of Technology, Department of Architecture
- Kyoto University, Department of Architecture and Architectural Systems
- Mimar Sinan University of Fine Arts, Faculty of Architecture
- Mit school of Architecture+Planning
- Oxford Brookes Department of Architecture
- Politecnico di Milano, School of Architecture
- Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, Facultad de Arquitectura, Diseño y Estudios Urbanos
- Princeton Scholl of Architecture
- RV School of Architecture
- RV School of Architecture, RVCE Bangalore
- School Achitecture Syracuse University
- School of Architecture Louisiana Tech University
- School of Architecure and Planning SAP
- SCI-Arc Southern California Institute of Architecture
- Shouthern California Institute of Architecture
- Taylors College, School of Architecture, Building and Design (SABD),
- the Nacional Superior School of architecture of Versailles
- Tohoku University, Faculty of Engineering, Laboratory of Architectural Design
- Tohoku University, Faculty of Engineering, Laboratory of Architectural Design
- Tokyo Institute of Technology (TokyoTech), Department of Architecture and Building Engineering
- Ub School of Architecture and Planning
- Universidad de Belgrano, Facultad de Arquitectura y Urbanismo
- Universidad de Chile Facultad de Arquitectura y Urbanismo
- Universidad de Moron, Facultad de Arquitectura, Diseño, Arte y Urbanismo
- Universidad de Moron, Facultad de Arquitectura, Diseño, Arte y Urbanismo
- Universidad San Buenaventura, Facultad de Arquitectura
- Universidade de São Paulo, USP, Faculdade de Arquitetura e Urbanismo
- Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, UFRJ, Faculdade de Arquitetura e Urbanismo
- University Iuav of Venice
- University of Belgrade, Faculty of Architecture
- University of Bologna
- University of Guelph-School of landscape Architecture
- University of Miami School of Architecture
- University of Sheffield, School of Architecture
- University of Tokyo, Department of Architecture
- University of Utah College of Architecture and Planning
- University of Virginia School of Achitecture
- Università della Svizzera italiana (USI), L'Accademia di Architettura di Mendrisio
- Uva School of Achitecture
- Wahington University-Scool of Architecture
- Wroclaw University of Technology
- Yale University, School of Architecture (YSOA)
- École nationale supérieure d'architecture de Nancy
- École nationale supérieure d'architecture de Paris-Belleville
- 05am Architects
- Alberto Campo Baeza
- Alvar AAlto
- Andrade Morettin
- Andreas Senn
- Arata Isozaki
- Architecten LAB
- Architecture Studio
- Atelier 5
- Atelier Bow WoW
- BAK Arquitectos
- baumschlager + eberle
- Bearth & Deplazes Architekten
- Bearth + Deplazes
- Bernard Tschumi
- Berrel Krautler Architekten
- Bevk Perovic
- Bolles + Wilson
- Bonnard + Woeffray
- Buchner Brundler Architekten
- Buzzi + Buzzi
- Bäumlin + John AG
- Carlos Ferrater
- Carr Cotter & Naessens
- Christ & Gantenbein
- Cino Zucchi
- Combarel + Marrec
- Cristobal Palma
- David Chipperfield
- Durrer Linggi Architekten
- Eisenman Architects
- Eric Owen Moss Architects
- Eric Papon & Partenaires
- ESESTUDIO arquitectura
- Estudio N
- Felber Widmer Kim
- Fischer Architekten
- Frank Gehry
- Gigon + Guyer
- Gor Architects
- Grid architekten
- Gus Wustemann
- Hackenbroich architekten
- Hans Kollhoff
- Hans Verstuyft
- Hans-Jorg Ruch
- Heatherwick Studio
- Hiroki Tanabe
- Hok Architects
- Iwamoto Scott Architecture
- J. MAYER H.
- Jackson Clements Burrows Architects
- Jean Nouvel
- John Pawson
- Jonathan Tuckey
- Josep Lluis Mateo
- Kan Izue Architect & Associates
- Kazuhiko Oishi
- Kazunori Fujimoto
- Kazuya Morita
- Kengo Kuma
- Kengo Kuma
- Khanna Schultz
- King Roselli
- Klein Dytham
- Konz Molo Architetti
- Kuhn Malvezzi
- Kumiko Inui
- Laurent Savioz
- Lischer Partner
- Luis Barragan
- Mad Architects
- MAD Ltd
- Makoto koizumi
- Marcos Acayaba
- Massimiliano Fuksas
- Mathias Klotz
- Meili + Peter
- Milla, mira y navarro
- Miller + Maranta
- Nakae Architects
- Neil M. Denari
- New Territories
- Next Architects
- Norman Foster
- O. Galletti & C. Matter
- Obra Architects
- Paul Andreu
- Paul Andreu
- Peter Marino
- Peter Zumthor
- PEZO VON ELLRICHSHAUSEN
- Philippe Rahm
- Phillippe Starck
- Périphériques Architectes
- Rem Koolhaas
- Renzo Piano
- Richard Meier
- Richter & Dahl Rocha
- Roberto Ercilla
- romi khosla design studio
- RRC Studio Architetti
- Rudy Ricciotti
- SAAS Architecten
- Santiago Calatrava
- Schindler + Salmerón
- Shigeru Ban
- Sou Fujimoto
- Spillmann Echsle
- SSM architekten
- Steven Holl Architects
- Studio 63
- Stutz + Bolt
- Stéphane Beel
- Tadao Ando
- Tezuka Architects
- Toyo Ito
- Triptyque Arquitetos
- UNA arquitetos
- Vincent V Duysen
- Wespi De Meuron
- West 8
- Wiel Arets
- Wild bar architekten ag
- Zech Architektur
- N STUDIO ARCHITECTES,Froissy Archaeological Museum...
- DIETRICH / UNTERTRIFALLER ARCHITEKEN ,Festspiel Cu...
- SKA ARCHITECTS,Ordos 100 #100-Hidden Garden House,...
- TATIANA BILBAO & AT.103,Esplanada Studio,2007,Méxi...
- IKSTUDIO ARCHITECTURE,Ordos 100 #55,Project Year 2...
- BONNARD AT WOEFFRAY,ARCHITECTES,Center Accueil Mon...
- EUROPAN 10 / CONMPETITION
- VAILLO + IRIGARAY,lounge MS,2007,Navarra, Spain
- HERITAGE GROUP DISMAYED AT KOOLHAAS´S COMMONWEALTH...
- IMPROMPTUS ARQUITECTOS WINS MAKE ME A HOME COMPETI...
- NU ARCHITECTUURA ATELIER,Ordos 100#34,Project Year...
- EDOUARD FRANÇOIS ARCHITECT,Hotel Fouquet Barrière,...
- DAVID CHIPPERFIELD ARCHITECTS WINS BUSINESS SCHOOL...
- 4th FESTIVAL OF LIVELY ARCHITECTURES IN MONTPELLIE...
- MIES VAN DER ROHE WINNER ANNOUNCED!!
- SHIBERU BAN & JEAN DE GASTINE ,The New Pompidou Ce...
- TATINA BILBAO,Ordos 100,Project Year 2008,Inner Mo...
- ZAHA HADID ARCHITECTURE PROJECT REJECTED DUE TO HE...
- ALTIREACHT ARCHITECTS,Matilde House,2009,Dublin,Ir...
- HHF ARCHITECTS,Nussbaum Information and Training C...
- LORCAN O´HERLIHY TALKS ABOUT INNOVACTION IN ARCHIT...
- FORM/KOUICHI KIMURA ARCHITECTS,House of Vision,200...
- CRÍSTIAN BERRÍOS,Casa BFL,2007,Isla Teja,Valdivia
- ROJKING ARCHITECTS & BIG,New Tamayo Museum,Project...
- IZEQUIERDO LEHMANN,Casa en Huentelauquén,2007,Chi...
- ELASTICOSPA ARCHITECTURE,"Atelier Fleuriste",2008,...
- ARCHIPIX INTERNACIONAL 2009 ANNOUNCES WINNING PROJ...
- NIJIRIC & ARHITEKI D.O.O,A Folded Mat - kindergart...
- FIVE FINALISTS ANNOUNCED FOR MIES VAN DER ROHE AWA...
- KWK PROMES ARCHITECTS,Outrial House,2007,Poland
- WINNERS RESULTS FROM THE INTERNACIONAL CONTEST OVO...
- ANDRES REMY ARQUITECTOS,The Black House,2007,Bueno...
- VMX ARCHITECTS,Residence Irish Embassador,2007,Ire...
- SUPPORT THE GLOBAL ARCHITECTURE
- WORLD HABITAT AWADS 2009
- H ARQUITECTES,Completed School Gym,2009,in Barberà...
- ALRIC GADILEC ARQUITECTOS,Industrial Plan in Junin...
- PAULO MENDES DA ROCHA,Iberian Stop-Galeria e studi...
- ECDM ARCHITECTS,concours pour la construction du F...
- FAR FROHN&ROJAS ARQUITECTOS,Wall house,2007,Chile
- THE NAO ARCHITECTS,Ordos 100#13,Design Year 2008,c...
- BW ARCHITECTURE,Maison Familaile MFB,2007,Bex,Fran...
- FKL ARCHITECTS,Alymer Mccullough House,2005,Dublin...
- RAZAN TEXT&CONTEXT ARCHITECTS,Villa For a friend,2...
- NRJA ARCHITECTURE,NRJA proposal for Beirut’s House...
- ALBERTO CAMPO BAEZA,Casa Guerrero,2005,Cadice, Spa...
- ABRUPT ARCHITECTS,Wine House,Project Year 2008,Con...
- HIDEYUKI NAKAYAWMA,Private House,2004,Japan
- POLARIS ARCHITECTS,Ordos 100#37,Design Year 2008,...
- LONGHI ARCHITECTS,Pachacamac House,2008,Peru
- PETER KUNZ,Triangel Haus,2009,Switzerland
- PHILIPPE STUEBI,Haus L,2008,Switzerland
- A2D ARCHITECTS,Private House,2008,Belgic
- MARTE.MARTE ARCHITEKTEN,Mariatal Housing,2007,Swit...
- DATAR ARCHITECTURE,Ghost House,2006(Winner Intenac...
- HERZOG & DE MEURON,Transforming Tate Modern,Desig...
- L.E.FT + STUDIO hp AS,Vertical Landscape Urbanism,...
- ROBERT JAMISON ARCHITECTS,Paul Stafford Hair And B...
- DORIANA & MASSIMILIANO FURKSAS,New Church in Folig...
- FORM/KOUICHI KIMURA ARCHITECTS,House of Depth,2007...
- BONNARD AT WOEFFRAY,ARCHITECTES,XBW Burreau logeme...
- PROJECT 01,Residence 22nd Destrict,Design Year 200...
- HOFRICHTER-RITTER ARKITEKTEN,Begegnungshalle,2008,...
- FELD72 AT.ARCHITECTURE,Wine Center Kaltern,2006,Au...
- DREIPLUS ARKITEKTUR,Haus Hofer,2007,Austria
- JSª ARQUITECTOS,House 3,Project Year 2008,Costa Ri...
- MARKUS WESPI JÉRÔME DE MEURON,House in Scaiano,200...
- ERERAS ARQUITECTOS,Private Library,2008,San Juan, ...
- BOTTEGA +EHRHARDT ARCHITECTURE,House S,2004,German...
- EL MATADOR L´ATELIER D´ARCHITECTURE,Project de la ...
- ODOS ARCHITECTS,CulturalKnocktopher Friary,2008,Ir...
- NL ARCHITECTS,Cultural Silo,Project Year 2009,Ames...
- ZAHA HADID ARCHITECTURE,Burnham Pavilion, 2009,Mil...
- FKL ARCHITECTS,A House,2008,Dublin, Ireland
- SECUENCIA STUDIO,Casa CDC 2520,2008,Jalisco, Méxic...
- I / K STUDIO,Ordos 100# 18,Design Year 2008,Constr...
- SUGA ARCHITECTS,Lark Spur House,2008,Japan
- LINDVALL A&D ARCHITECTURE,Villa M2,2008,Sweden
- M2 ARCHITECTS,Kipup House,2008,Denmark
- JOAKIM LEUFSTADIUS ARCHITECT,Sovhus 4:12 Private H...
- HIDALDO HARTMANN ARCHITECTS,Casa entremedianeras,P...
- EMILIO AMBASZ & ASSOCIATES,The House of spiritual ...
- THAM & VIDEGARD HANSSON ARKITEKTER,Ordos 100,Proje...
- OCTOBER UEDA+NAKAGAWA ARCHITECTS,half rooms House,...
- MRDP ARQUITECTOS,Punta Umbria Pavillion,Project Ye...
- TEC DESIGN STUDIO,Tec Architecture House HQ,2008,K...
- MASS STUDIES,korean pavillion at shanghai expo 201...
- TERROIR ARCHITECTS,Stealth House,2007,Australia
- GROSVELD VAN DER VELDE ARCHITECTS,S House,2008,Ger...
- X ARCHITECTEN,Black Beauty House,2006,Austria
- CEBRA ARKITEKTER,Fulgsang naes Housing,2007,Denmar...
- AOKI JUN ARCHITECTS,House A,2007,Japan
- MLZD ARCHITEKTEN,Studienauftrag Leuchtturm,Project...
- DAR ARCHITECTES SA,Villa Ecublens,2007,Switzerland...
- AeBY PERNEGER ARCHITEKTEN,Kindergarten Bernex,2007...
- ADJAYE ASSOCIATES & THE FREELON GROUP & DAVID BROD...
- ALLARD ARCHITECTS, Matchbox,Design Year 2008,Compl...
- FELIX OECH´S SPARE ARCHITEKTEN,Moinian and Meili R...
- OFFICE OF RYUE NISHIZAWA,Moriyama House ,2007,Japa...
- FUSTER + PARTNERS,Casa Delphin,2007,San Juan, Puer...
- ▼ 04 (173)
- ► 08 (484)